Pastoral Council - 2007-08
Questions and Inquiries, Contact:
Pat Beckett, Pastoral Associate, 893-1837
Meetings and Minutes
The Pastoral Council meets monthly, usually on the second Tuesday of the month.
June 10, 2008 (Annual Retreat) and Pastoral Council Annual Review
May 13, 2008
April, 2008 - no meeting was held
March 11, 2008
February 12, 2008
No January Council meeting - goal teams had individual meetings
December 11, 2007
November 14, 2007
October 9, 2007
September 11, 2007
August 14, 2007
July 10, 2007
June 9, 2007 (Annual Retreat) and Pastoral Council Annual Review
Minutes for 2006-07
Learn more about the Sharing the Vision parish planning and goal setting process which shaped the Goals and Objectives for the next 3 years. Volunteers are still needed for implementation teams!
2007 - 2008 Goals and Objectives
|GOAL 1: Provide authentic Catholic teaching to at least 50% of active parishioners in order to promote the sense of reverence for al l the sacraments, especially the Eucharist.
- By Fall 2007, create an Adult Faith Formation Advisory Team to begin development of a parish pastoral plan for adult catechesis.
- By Spring 2008, schedule “Catholicism for Ordinary Catholics” sessions on Marriage, Families, and Intimacy.
|GOAL 2: Establish additional on-going parish experiences of faith that encourage the development of a personal relationship with Jesus (renewal rather than educational experiences).
- By January 2008, form a standing Parish Mission Planning Team to plan regular parish missions to occur on at least an annual basis.
- By April 2008, host monthly renewal nights that will incorporate music, prayer and witnesses to share and teach about developing a personal faith relationship.
- By January 2008, identify facilities and opportunities for parishioners to attend retreats at facilities away from the Parish, and to publicize these opportunities to the Parish community.
|GOAL 3: Establish an outreach ministry to provide services to the homebound, elderly and other parishioners in need, which would include visitation, transportation, home repair, and additional support.
- By February 2008, identify parishioners who are homebound and elderly.
- By March 2008, identify services and opportunities that are provided by non-profit community organizations for the homebound and elderly.
- By June 2008, implement a ministry that reaches out to the elderly and homebound through visitation and telephone calls.
Pastoral Plan Archives
Click here to view past year's Goals and Accomplishments